Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flyfish Argentina


I received this picture along with a very short email explaining in detail just how good the fishing is on the Rio Gallegos in Argentina right now. The pic is of a very happy client alongside Christer Sjoberg,Loop Tackle founder and all around good guy. It doesn't matter where he is in this world, Christer always seems to find time to email me photos like this just to remind me that he is out there 'workin it' while the rest of us are just plain working. Anyone that has been fortunate enough to spend time with Christer knows that he doesn't do anything half assed. As such when it's time to fish for sea run Brown Trout, commonly called Sea Trout, Christer can be found wading the banks of his beloved Buitreras beat on the Rio Gallegos. It would seem that recent catch and release regulations are already having a positive effect on the Gallegos, not that the fishing needed much more. According to Christer, and trust me he would know, the fish this year are large and plentiful. Hmmm....I think I'll try and get down there myself in March. Anyone care to join?

If I do make it down to Argentina this spring I will be sure to spend 3 or 4 days fishing Jurrassic Lake as well. For those that have never heard of it, Jurrassic Lake is probably the most productive Rainbow Trout fishery on the planet. Here is another shot of Christer doing a little field test of Loop products. All work and no play-yeah right. As for Christer you've got to give him credit, not only does he design great flyfishing equipment, he also knows how to look good putting the gear to good use earning style points with the new Loop shades and always popular Opti 3L Cheak jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment